Ynetnews: UN approves Iran sanctions
My question: 'Sanctions' on Iran, does this prove something regarding Obama-Israel relations?
I'll answer in brief points:
* Obama bent Israel's arm and abused the Iranian threat to squeeze Israel and prevent construction for Jews in Jerusalem.
* The sanctions seem to be very watered down.
* A year and a half was wasted to reach this point because Obama insisted that he can push a reset button with Iran. Based on nothing but his own lefty loony ideals.
* Obama's actions have led to a situation were Israel is more isolated and penalized than Iran.
* Obama allowed UN resolution against Israeli nukes - without mention of Iran - before SC decision (a week ago)
Consider the following articles as well:
* Putin: I don't know of any example of effective sanctions
* Obama's efforts on Iran sanctions fall short of expectations
Finally, a bigger question is: Is there anything in this resolution preventing or at the very least slowing down Iran's march to a nuclear bomb?