- Obama: I demand Israel agree to unilaterally cease fire and stop all offensive actions, in particular the air born ones.
- Netanyahu: What would Israel get in return to ceasing fire unilaterally?
- Obama: I believe Hamas will stop firing rockets, quiet for quiet.
- Netanyahu: Hamas broke all 5 prior cease fires and is a terror organization dedicated to destruction of Israel.
- Obama: I repeat, I expect Israel to stop all of its military actions unilaterally. The destruction images from Gaza further world opinion from Israel's plight.
- Netanyahu: Kerry's proposal was completely unrealistic and gave Hamas military and diplomatic advantages.
- Obama: In a week from ending Israel's military actions, Qatar and Turkey will begin negotiating with Hamas based on 2012 understandings, in which Israel is committed to lifting siege and limitations on Gaza.
- Netanyahu: Qatar and Turkey are Hamas's biggest supporters. They cannot be relied upon as just negotiators
- Obama: I trust Qatar and Turkey... Israel is not in a position to choose their mediators.
- Netanyahu: I'm protesting/alerting that Hamas can continue launching rockets and utilizing the tunnels for terror attacks...
- Obama, cutting Netanyahu off and speaking in a dismissive manner: The ball is in Israel's court, and it must stop all of its military actions.
Video in Hebrew below:
Update: - everyone denies. Which doesn't debunk it. In my opinion, most Israelis believe it to be true, as Israeli channel 1 has a high level of reliability and trust. Most everyone understands that the Israeli PM has to deny it to save face and maintain US relationship. Despite all that has happened, the USA is still the only power who stands with Israel at the UN. While Canada expressed strong support, it doesn't carry as much power at the UN.
American opinion makers and journalist doubt this conversation transcript due to its "cartoonish conversational" way, no one speaks this way. Except that they do understand it's a 3rd generation translation, and a condensed version of a 35 minute conversation - as was reported.
Last word - I don't claim anything regarding the truthfulness of the report on Israeli channel 1, nor am I promoting a conspiracy. I'm stating my opinion, based on what we've heard so far - Israelis are likely to believe the report as was broadcast.