Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Obama: Foxnews cost me 2-3 points

Yea - how dare you, media outlet not bow to my propaganda machine and stray from the idolizing herds. Telling the truth about Obama is still allowed. Once Obama brings his own version of the "fairness act", alongside the "strong internal force" (USA's KGB), the one true leader shall never have to answer to any critic. I mean, we're all racists if we don't support him anyways, right?

Ben Smith, Politico: Obama: Fox worth 2-3 points
A fascinating riff from Matt Bai's new Times Magazine story:

“I am convinced that if there were no Fox News, I might be two or three points higher in the polls,” Obama told me. “If I were watching Fox News, I wouldn’t vote for me, right? Because the way I’m portrayed 24/7 is as a freak! I am the latte-sipping, New York Times-reading, Volvo-driving, no-gun-owning, effete, politically correct, arrogant liberal. Who wants somebody like that?

“I guess the point I’m making,” he went on, “is that there is an entire industry now, an entire apparatus, designed to perpetuate this cultural schism, and it’s powerful. People want to know that you’re fighting for them, that you get them. And I actually think I do. But you know, if people are just seeing me in sound bites, they’re not going to discover that. That’s why I say that some of that may have to happen after the election, when they get to know you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment