Hamas cracks down on Gaza Strip power cuts protest
Hamas police broke up Tuesday a protest over electricity cuts in the Gaza Strip using clubs and rifle butts, wounding numerous people, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) said in a statement.
"We condemn the Hamas police crackdown on the protest rally organized by us, which led to the wounding of many of our leaders and members," the PFLP said.
To read more: http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=193154#ixzz0wIy6JH1O
Only 25% of a given NOW Lebanon article can be republished. For information on republishing rights from NOW Lebanon: http://www.nowlebanon.com/Sub.aspx?ID=125478
(staged propaganda photos delivered by MSM when Hamas wanted to blame Israel for electricity problems)
Important comments from Backspin blog:
6 Reasons You Won't See Any Photos of an Anti-Hamas Electricity Rally
AFP reports that Hamas police violently broke up a protest against electricity cuts. Here are six reasons you won't see any wire photos of this:
1. Hamas only allows journalists to cover anti-Israel vigils.
2. Identifying photo credits would endanger the photographer, and threaten access for his or her news agency.
3. Free lance photographers who lack the support of a news agency aren't going to place their careers and freedom at risk.
4. Any photographer tipped off ahead of time would risk being associated with the PFLP, which organized the rally.
5. Using stock photos of anti-Israel electricity protests is closer to Big Media's groupthink that everything's Israel's fault anyway.
6. Burying the coverage obviates the need for images anyway.
It's worth mentioning too, that not only will you be unlikely to read about this story in your local paper - or see photos, but you are very likely to not see the real horror of how hard life in Gaza is for some:
Shh.... don't tell Erdogan and Cameron about what really happens in Gaza - for them it's a prison setup by Da-Joooooos.