The Arabs have managed to push through the slogan that "Gaza is the world's largest concentration camp". It's their trademark. They had many loony lefty visitors echo this statement. It finally stuck with more prominent voices. Truth has become an abstract concept.
A few examples:
* Blair sister-in-law: Gaza world’s largest concentration camp (ynet)
* We believe that Hamas should be included in all the major efforts to peace ... It is part of the Palestinian people," Carter said. He added that "1.5 million Palestinians are held in a cage or prison while their human rights are taken away." (vicious-babushka)
* British PM Cameron: Gaza must not remain a prison camp (haaretz)
* Vatican says Gaza "resembles a concentration camp" (bbc)
* Ron Paul: Gaza is a Concentration Camp, Israel is Starving Palestinians (lgf)
Someone made the following video, the tourism promotion is sarcasm of course - but the footage is real. The only reason life would be harsh in Gaza is because of whomever is in charge there.