Sunday, February 05, 2006

While they burn churches, SNL makes me mildly smile

Steve martin: "If I go on stage with Hamas, I might be considered an Anti Semite, on the other hand, I could promote my movie, what would my Studio want?"

In one sentence, I believe SNL delivered the best satire on the current state of affairs. While the western governments were embraced to admit they are about to fund a government controlled by Hamas (which they will, and they do), they still ponder their response to an enormous wave of hate from the Muslim world. Churches were burning this weekend in Alabama, Pakistan, Bagdad and other places. Danish flags, with crosses on them, were burned. But the US state department chose to condemn the Danish press... How should we appease our enemies tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment